Gardens of Babylon Album
- “pure magic and folk mysticism that defines sound atmospheres full of melodic rhythm and ancestral essence. Body and spirit balanced by perfection itself–“ in Nomelody Magazine (ES)
- “Cross-breed the sound textures of that Pink Floyd classic with the mythopoeic world music ensemble Dead Can Dance, then mix in the story of how Ishtar, the ancient Mesopotamian goddess of love, sex, fertility and war, ventured into the netherworld, and you have an idea of Gardens of Babylon–“ in Wild Hunt (EN)
- “highly mystical and ritualistic music–“ in Radikaliai (EN)
- “a rare music act with a unique and unwavering vision, enchanting listen–“ in Heathen Harvest (EN)
- “an album full of mysticism, death, and grim beauty–“ in Ostravan (CZ)
Labyrinth of Druids Album
- (8/10) in Mister Folk (IT)
- Labyrinth of Druids Album Review in Resounding Footsteps (EN)
- Labyrinth of Druids Album Review (9/10) in Hard Music Base (CZ)
- Labyrinth of Druids Album Review (8,9/10) in Metal Magazin (SK)
- Labyrinth of Druids Album Review in Aristocrazia Webzine (EN), (IT)
- Live concert at the summer festival Prazdniny v Telci (CZ)
12/12/2015 – Labyrinth of Druids OST Album Released!
Nemuer just released their second album “Labyrinth of Druids” (LoD) which is the official soundtrack for an upcoming video game of the same title. The main essence of this album is a terribly dark Lovecraftian atmosphere that is built by suggestive, sinister and dreamy tones of acoustic guitar combined with haunting symphonic parts. Apart from “The Main Theme”, which combining epic and melancholic parts, the most remarkable is the super-eerie track “Caves of Damnation” of which vocals were recorded in a real cave. “The Castle” is dedicated to H. P. Lovecraft and it is set in one of his most famous stories “The Outsider”.
Nemuer, the atmospheric dark-folk duo from the Czech Republic, is making soundtrack music oriented on ancient civilizations, myths and fantasy world based on a dark fantasy drama book one of the authors has been working on for more than 4 years. It is a rather extensive and ambitious project, since for each chapter(8 in total) Nemuer is planning to make a unique music album. Last year they released their first one, “The Irenthoth’s Dream”, which was set in the ancient Maya empire. The LoD is set in a maze of nightmares and its main aim is to provide extremely strong atmospheric experience combining fantasy and horror.
Nemuer’s minimalistic and dark music is hardly describable for its unique genre, but their listeners were able to find a certain connection with Matt Uelmen, Tenhi, Dead Can Dance, Wardruna and Hans Zimmer. Also, there is an apparent link to Ancient Egyptian, Babylonian, Celtic and Nordic mythology. It is a very particular type of music and if there is a project that can disrupt the walls of mainstream, it is Nemuer.
Album preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gqr95OcjEo
T: +47 48 66 36 74 (NO)